Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Karan Johar's "Lift Kara De" Post MNIK Release



Filmmaker Karan Johar is hosting good friend Aditya Chopra's chat show with celebrities, Lift Kara De, on Sony channel in the new year. But Karan too has plans to venture into the television business soon but at a smaller scale than Yash Raj Films.

"We at Dharma (Productions) are definitely looking at going into television. Maybe in a year. I believe television is a very impressionable medium of entertainment," Karan said.

"And I've the biggest fan of the home medium in my home. My mother keeps telling me that she'd love to watch my shows on television. She has inspired me to start a television unit at Dharma. We'll now take a call after the release of My Name is Khan."

"We'll be doing television on a much smaller scale than Yash Raj. I don't have the infrastructure or the knowledge to do television as seriously as Adi," said Karan.

Yash Raj Films' Lift Kara De, which went on air January 1, is about searching for the biggest fans of celebrity icons, said Karan.

"Working for Yash Raj is like working for my own production house. When Adi offered me the show, it immediately struck a chord within me. I have a done a talk show on STAR World. But that was more fun, candid and gossipy," Karan said.

"But Adi felt I needed to project a more serious side to my personality. Of course, I'm fun and witty and acidic. But Adi said 'why don't you tap into the other unseen part of you? I loved it because it is human and personal. I think it has great connect value.' "

The 20 superstars that Karan would be interviewing on the show are Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan, AR Rahman, Dharmendra, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, John Abraham, Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Rani Mukerji, Deepika Padukone, Kajol, Priyanka Chopra, Bipasha Basu, Kareena Kapoor and Preity Zinta.

No comments:

Post a Comment